I made the move back to India on August 19 2005. While this was something I'd always prepared for in the abstract, the act itself was exciting and a bit unpleasant at the same time. I say unpleasant because I had spent most of my adult life in the US, had strong memories associated with being there, friends and many trinkets (or junk) that I'd picked up along the way. (Throwing that aircraft model you built during the snowstorm last winter is harder than you think ..)
While most of us who've come back have our own reasons, one thing is certain : making the move is a lot easier if you plan ahead for it. This post (and subsequent ones) are an attempt on my part to list out a whole bunch of things that I found out during my move back here. I'm hoping that when folks decide to get home to India, the logistics of moving will not pose any hurdle.
Before we go further, I would also like to add that being single I had considerably fewer things to take care of than otherwise. It also meant that I had to do most things alone. Not fun !!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment